Setting Neeva as your default search engine makes it possible to use your browser's address bar to search for information. The easiest way to set Neeva as your default search engine is to install the Neeva extension for your browser, and more information and installation instructions can be found here.
Instructions for individual browsers can be found below. Additionally, you can learn how to set Neeva as your default search engine on your mobile device here.
In Chrome, go to chrome://settings/searchEngines and type “Neeva” in the small search box in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Then, click the three dots to the right of the line associated with Neeva and choose “Make Default.”
If you don't see Neeva as an option, just click Add to the right of Other search engines. In the pop-up box, name the search engine Neeva, set a keyword of your choosing, and then copy and paste https://neeva.com/search?q=%s&src=opensearch into the field titled "URL with %s in place of query" as shown in the image below. Then, click "Add" and you're all set.
To set Neeva as the default search engine in Firefox, you'll need to install our extension. To do that, just follow the steps below.
- Open a new Firefox window and visit neeva.com.
- Use the extension installation prompts to begin the prompts, or visit https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/neeva-for-firefox/
- Click "Add to Firefox"
- Click "Add"
- Click "Yes" to confirm Neeva as your default search engine
- Check the box for "Allow this extension to run in Private Windows" and then click "Okay, Got It"
On your computer, you'll need our browser extension to use Neeva as your default search engine. To do so, just follow these steps:
- Open the App Store and search "Neeva for Safari", or get the link here.
- Once you install and open the app, click "Quit and Open Safari Extension Preferences"
- Click the checkbox for "Neeva for Safari”
- Click "Turn on"
- Click the checkbox for "Neeva Privacy Protection"
- Close Safari Preferences window
- Click the Neeva icon in the address bar
- Toggle "Make Neeva default Search"
- Run a search in the address bar to confirm your changes
In Edge, go to edge://settings/searchEngines and type “Neeva” in the small search box in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Then, click the three dots to the right of the line associated with Neeva and choose “Make Default.”
Installing the Neeva Extension in Brave will automatically set Neeva as your default search engine. The option to set Neeva as your default search engine may be grayed out or not clickable, as the setting is already in place.
If you'd like to use Neeva in Brave without our extension, go to brave://settings/searchEngines. Scroll down to "Other Search Engines" and click "Add" on the right-hand side of the page. In the pop-up box, name the search engine Neeva, set a keyword of your choosing, and then copy and paste https://neeva.com/search?q=%s into the field titled "URL with %s in place of query." Then, click "Add" and you're all set.
Neeva can be set as the default search engine in the Vivaldi browser. Neeva and Vivaldi share a commitment to building products that are private and put the customer first. For more information about our partnership with Vivaldi, check out our Blog post.
To set Neeva as your default search engine in Vivaldi, follow these steps:
- Select “Preferences” from your Vivaldi menu.
- Select “Search” in the Preferences menu.
- From either the dropdown menu at the top, or the list of available search engines at the bottom, select Neeva.
The same process can be used for the default search engine in a Vivaldi Private Window. Please note, you can still set Neeva as your default search engine in Vivaldi if you don't have a Neeva account, but you will need to create one in order to get our 100% ad-free, private search experience.
Neeva is not a supported search engine in Opera's list of default search engines. For now, you can set up a shortcut on Opera.
To set Neeva as a search shortcut on Opera, please follow the steps below:
- Visit Opera's settings page (opera://settings/searchEngines?search=search+engine),
- Under "Other search engines", click "Add"
- Under "Search engine", type "Neeva"
- Under "Keyword", choose any keyword or letter, i.e. "n"
- Under "URL", enter the following URL: https://neeva.com/search?q=%s
Once you've added Neeva, you can enter your keyword into the address bar to start your search. For example, if your keyword is "n", type "n" to start your search on Neeva (see below).